Landfill General Information
The Landfill Committee’s mission is to promote open communication and cooperation among township residents, Williams Township and the Chrin Brothers Sanitary Landfill. To this end, we are to insure the information communicated both regulatory and non-regulatory is factually accurate, objective, unbiased, and promotes an understanding that all parties can live and work together within a healthy and safe environment.
The July 2009 Host Community Agreement between Williams Township and Chrin Brothers, Inc., authorized the Township and Chrin to form a Landfill Committee to monitor the operation of the landfill and to encourage effective communication and cooperation between the Township and Chrin.
The Committee consists of two representatives of the Township, four representatives of the public, and two representatives of Chrin. The Committee will have no legal authority to bind either the Township or Chrin.
The first meeting of the Committee was held on April 1st, 2010.
The Committee meets on the first Thursday at 9:00am bi-monthly beginning in February 2019, in the Municipal Building. The meetings are open to the public.
LANDFILL DOCUMENTS & MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
- 2007 Informational Meeting
- Air Quality Program Title V State Operating Permit
- April 10, 2015 Settlement Agreement
- Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania – Department Of Environmental Protection
- EMS Geological Report
- HCA July 2009
- Landfill Advisory Committee Stage 8
- Settlement Agreement October 2008
- Title V Permit (Air Quality)
- Slope Failure Report
- Amended Slope Failure Report
- Stability Evaluation
- Landfill Permits Title Summary
- Landfill Nuisance Minimization & Control Plan