Recycling in Williams Township
Our Recycling Center on Morgan Hill Road will no longer be accessible for 24 hour drop off.
All collection containers will now be moved behind fencing and locked. So we can better monitor and properly regulate collection, we will be open on the Second Saturday each month. The center will operate from 9:00 am until Noon and will be overseen by a member of our Public Works Department and our local Boy Scouts to ensure the newly required separation process is followed. This collection will also coincide with our “brush” collection as well. This change will become effective on January 1, 2019.
View and Download Ordinance Number 2003-1 ~ Recycling Program
- Paper: Dry & Clean—Loose (not in a plastic bag)
- Newspaper & inserts
- Magazine & catalogues
- Junk mail, envelopes & file folders
- Office white, colored & computer paper (staple & paperclips ok)
- Corrugated cardboard boxes
- Cereal & gift boxes...that tear brown or grey (remove liners)
- Paper bags, paperback books & phone books
- Containers: empty & clean; loose (not in plastic bag)
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil & plates, etc (clean)
- Glass bottles & jars (food & drink only) metal lids
- Plastic bottles, jars, tubs & rigid containers labeled #1- #7 (soda, water, aseptic (plastic coated paper) milk & juice cartons, shampoo, detergent, yogurt, margarine, etc.
- Metal food cans (tin/steel); metal lids, metal pots & pans
- Leaves & Brush - No grass clippings or other plants, and no plastic bags. NO BAMBOO accepted.
- Heavy metal items such as Washers & Dryers
View some recent articles about the changes in the recycling market.
Beginning January 24, 2013 no person may dispose of a covered device or any of its components with their municipal solid waste! Covered Devices include: desktop computers, laptop computers, computer monitors, computer peripherals and televisions.
You may take your devices to be recycled at the following:
For more information on Electronics Recycling and recycling of other items please visit the Northampton County website by clicking on this link:
Curbside Recycling Program
As of July 1st, 2003, Curbside Recycling is Mandatory/Required. Your current trash hauler will collect your recycling. We have private contractors/haulers that collect garbage throughout the Township. Williams Township has compiled a list of Haulers who have provided us with the proper documentation to pick up and process recycling. Please ensure your hauler is on this list. If not, they are not considered acceptable providers by the Township.
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb Recycling
The Home Depot in Easton, PA accepts used unbroken CFL's - please recycle them at the Returns Department, just inside the front door.
Window Air Conditioner units & Refrigerators with Freon Inside
Please take these items to:
Einfalt Recycling & Salvage
221 Bushkill St, Stockertown PA 18088